New Home

New Home
Our First Home

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

California Dreaming

Looking back I have not posted anything in about two years here at BlogSpot.

I am in the middle of a relocation to Southern California because my husbands job is moving him here. So begins a new chapter in my life. I have always wanted to return to California. I didn't know how that would happen. Come to find out my husband told someone at work he would like to go to California for me. This promotion isn't about me he deserved this. But, the reason he found out about a job in California was directly related to me because he mentioned it to his employer because we had been talking about leaving Arizona. 

With that said I think I was scared once the reality was upon us. I have not lived in California for 32 years. I last visited 27 years ago and that is a long time not to see the friends I had made, loved and moved away from. 

I  still do not know how I will feel being closer and able to visit with them. Will we still have things in common. Will we have anything to talk about after all this time? Theese questions and more I think about. That and the stress of moving, having to get back to AZ to get my belongings, and needing to find a job before the end of January.

Dawn

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet...he's definitely a keeper! Don't worry, hon - if it was NY you were moving to, we'd pick up right where we left off. I'm sure it will be the same with your Cali friends. Best of luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, I love you so much!! I wish you were here in California too!!! I think my dream was kept alive but the memories feel like fantasy right now. I went to the beach and that felt good. I could go there every day. I think as a child it seemed different here and now I have to be an adult and I am seeing things differently.

      Delete